Pages

SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Profiles In Awesome - Charles Phoenix

Picture
Today I want to tell you guys about one of the coolest cats around - Charles Phoenix! Just like Zooey Deschanel is my style icon, Charles Phoenix is my outlook-on-the-world-around-me icon. He is known for his retro Kodachrome slide shows of the most colorful decades in American history - the 1950s and 60s. A Charles Phoenix show is like watching non-office scenes of Mad Men and everything you love about thrift/antique store shopping. You know that feeling you get when you find that amazing mid century modern furniture piece that you think would look great in your living room or finding a colorful collection of Pyrex dishes that remind you of your grandmother's house. He brings the past to life. I mean, look below! The Color Extravaganza!
Picture
Being a Southern California native (like me!!) Charles Phoenix grew up inspired by his dad's used car lot, theme parks and fashion fads. Charles Phoenix had a career in fashion before that fateful day when he found a box of Kodachrome slides labeled "Trip Across the United States 1957." Ever since then he's been sharing these gems with the world. The Charles Phoenix fun doesn't stop at just slide shows though, he also does a "Disneyland" tour of Downtown Los Angeles where he basically compares parts of Downtown LA to the "lands" of Disneyland. Genius!As you can tell I can't stop talking about how great Charles Phoenix is. I think it's time you find out how great he is too! He has a few slide shows coming up and you should get your tickets before they sell out, which they often do! Visit his site www.charlesphoenix.com for more info on events. Once you experience the blast from the past he takes you on you'll probably end up obsessed just like me! (I know I'm starting to sound stalkerish, but this guy is too cool. Charles Phoenix, if you read this, will you be my best friend? I'll send you a pair ofdonut cufflinks for a friendship trade XO Karen)
Check out this fantastic Charles Phoenix Video Mash-Up. How can you not fall in love?!:
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsCopalkF-Y&version=3]

No comments :

Post a Comment